Lead Womenswear Designer
Pyer Moss Apparel Group is looking for a motivated and experienced Lead Womenswear Designer. This person will work directly with the creative director to manage the design and production process. We are looking for candidates with creative but highly organized minds, good team leaders and a track record of success designing high apparel. Duties would include but not limited to:
-Collaborate with the creative director on ideating new collection concepts both commercial and runway
- Manage the design and production teams to evaluate and fit garments from proto stage through production
- Schedule, lead and manage fittings, with an eye for details and construction, calling out any concerns regarding make
-Work with the creative director on ideating, designing, developing and producing custom garments for special projects
- Take notes and communicate/follow-up on any issues with partners
- Prepare patterns and fit comments to update and revise technical packages for production
- Communicate with Production purchasing department to update raw material changes & revisions
- Review and approve PP samples and TOP to ensure quality and aesthetic standards are met for all Pyer Moss products
- Communication with overseas factories and production teams
- Proactively identify and solve potential development and production issues
- Comply with the Master Development and Production Calendars and ensure all deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Additional responsibilities as required
Minimum of 5+ years working experience in apparel technical design. College education in Fashion Production/Technical Design/Patternmaking is not required but is ideal. This role requires both domestic and international travel, so a valid passport is required. Must have basic computer skills and proficiency in Excel & Word as well as Photoshop Illustrator and/or InDesign. Must know how to CAD as well as sketch by hand. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, with knowledge of patternmaking, draping, garment construction and grading. Problem-solving abilities and a solutions oriented mindset are highly valued. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize work on a continual basis, and work with limited supervision. Flexible and able to accept and embrace departmental/organizational changes with positive attitude. In the email or in a cover letter please explain your interest in the position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT PORTFOLIOS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
If this is you, please email your resume and portfolio, with recent sketches, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pyer Moss Apparel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.