Company: Pyer Moss
Position: Customer Service Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Digital Director
Location: New York
Please submit your resume with your name and position in the subject of the email. Please also include a brief summary of why you are a fit for this position in the body of the email.
Pyer Moss was founded in 2013 by Kerby Jean-Raymond. Jean-Raymond describes Pyer Moss as a “timely social experiment" that uses fashion, the arts and activism to produce thought-provoking storytelling.
At Pyer Moss, the customer is the most important part of our journey. As such, Pyer Moss is seeking an experienced Customer Service Manager to lead the day-to-day responsibilities that go into ensuring our customers are satisfied. We strive to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience from start to finish. This role is responsible for supporting our Sales & Marketing team while ensuring our bottom line is met through stellar customer interaction, with the ultimate goal of creating satisfied (and ideally repeat) customers.
The position requires someone who is forward-thinking, a problem-solver, can multi-task, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is energetic and detail-oriented with strong communication skills and an appreciation for a positive customer experience.
- Deliver a 5-star customer experience through phone, email, social media and potentially in person interactions inclusive of but not limited to e-comm shopping experiences, showrooms and retail spaces.
- Develop and implement new and streamlined customer service processes, strategies, platforms, FAQs, workflows, and ways-of-working to best improve the customer experience, and in turn the overall Pyer Moss business
- Understand the brand’s overall business goals and how customer service can help achieve these goals
- Update shipping reports according to templates defined by sales team, assist with ASN creation
- Assist our Sales team by providing customer service to wholesale partners throughout the order management cycle
- Manage, investigate and dispute chargeback claims – coming to a timely resolution that benefits both the customer and our business when possible
- Work closely with the Design and Production team to understand product details to best integrate into FAQs, using the knowledge in customer conversations
- Cultivate relationships with our customers – answering questions about the Pyer Moss brand and product - including fit, fabric, and style
- Follow up with all customers in a timely manner
- Resolve any issues with a positive, can-do attitude, going above and beyond, finding creative solves where necessary
- Laisse with fulfillment partners and have a strong knowledge of fulfillment flow and best practices to ensure the end customer has the smoothest shipping and return experience possible
- Work with the rest of our team to ensure you are providing accurate, up-to-date information – don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Compile customer purchase, return and exchange data relevant to the success of the team and overall business
- Learn everything there is to know about our product and our internal management system in order to successfully manage customer relationships
- Help us improve! You will be our ear to the ground – noticing trends in customer inquiries and bringing them to the attention of our marketing and product teams. We are a small team – everybody’s input counts.
- 3+ years of experience working within customer service role in eCommerce/DTC company, or 5+ years of experience in consumer facing retail (luxury and-or fashion industry a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or related field a plus, not required
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to clearly and concisely explain/recommend new customer service processes, platforms and tools
- Data-driven and goal-oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Understanding of the Pyer Moss brand and tone of voice, integrating this tone of voice across all customer interactions
- Ability to solve current challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we’ll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and be part of a collaborative startup team where no task is too small (or large)
- High energy, friendly, and compassionate; smart and well-organized – able to multitask effectively
- Positive, eager to learn and motivated to be your best self every day!
- Must be highly proficient in Excel
- Availability to work on weekends and travel when necessary
Pyer Moss Apparel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.