Pyer Moss — Footwear and Accessories Designer
New York, NY
Pyer Moss is looking for a motivated and experienced Footwear and Accessories Designer. This person will work directly with the Lead Apparel Designers as well as the CEO/Creative Director to expand the categories of footwear and accessories (including: socks, bags, belts, and other small leather goods). . We are looking for candidates with creative but highly organized minds and a track record of success designing footwear and accessories.
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch.
- Have a keen knowledge of the industry and market innovations
- Develop ground up Last and tech pack
- Work with existing visual brand language while advancing Pyer Moss’ identity and materials into a growing category
- Capable of creating design hand off CAD for manufacture
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation thought leadership to adjacent teams.
- Work with outside suppliers and overseas manufacturers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process.
- Leads brainstorming sessions with other senior design staff, product management, and marketing team members.
- Inspires peers with a creative approach to thinking and problem solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (focus on apparel, footwear, or accessories a plus)
- At least 3 years experience in a footwear/accessories design role
- Possess a deep of understanding in areas of materials & manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of shoe construction and manufacturing
- Knowledge of technical processes and ability to address lasts, patterns, blueprints and molds at a general level
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent). Solidworks knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to sketch by hand and CAD
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in high fashion or athletic footwear a plus
*Please include your most up to date portfolio along with your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org *
Pyer Moss Apparel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.