Pyer Moss — Technical Designer
New York, NY
Pyer Moss is looking for a motivated and experienced Technical Designer. This person will work directly with the Production Manager and Lead Designer to take collections from concept to reality. We are looking for candidates with creative but highly organized minds and a track record of success designing high apparel.
- Collaborate with the lead designer on new product development specs and prototypes
- Work with design and production to evaluate and fit garments from proto stage through production
- Schedule, lead and manage fittings, with an eye for details and construction, calling out any concerns regarding make
- Take notes and communicate/follow-up on any issues with partners
- Prepare patterns and fit comments to update and revise technical packages for production
- Communicate with Production purchasing department to update raw material changes & revisions
- Review and approve PP samples and TOP to ensure quality and aesthetic standards are met for all Pyer Moss products
- Communication with domestic and overseas factories
- Proactively identify and solve potential development and production issues
- Comply with the Master Development and Production Calendars and ensure all deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Minimum of 2+ years working experience in apparel technical design.
- College degree in Fashion Production/Technical Design/Patternmaking is not required but is ideal.
- High proficiency in Photoshop Illustrator and/or InDesign. Must know how to CAD as well as sketch by hand.
- Detail oriented, with knowledge of pattern making, draping, garment construction and grading.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize work on a continual basis, and work with limited supervision.
*Please include your most up to date portfolio along with your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials with your application to email@example.com *
Pyer Moss Apparel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.